One of the very first things I do when I wake up in the morning is drink a glass of warm lemon water. I have done this for years and it really starts my day off right. It gives me an energy boost and gets my body ready to receive nutrient. I definitely notice a difference in my body when I don’t drink my lemon water. Here are just some of the benefits of drinking warm lemon water.
Benefits of Lemon Water
- Assists in flushing digestive track to remove waste and toxins
- Stimulates stomach acid and bile production
- Aids in the production of digestive juices
- Contains pectin fibers which are beneficial for colon health
- Contains Vitamin C and potassium
- Vitamin C is important for adrenal function, which reduces the impact of stress on the body.
- Potassium nourishes brain and nerve cells
- Helps prevent the growth and production of bacteria that cause infection and disease
- Help restore the liver after being active during sleep
- Provides energy to the liver enzymes when they are too diluted
- Provides hydration which is import for healthy skin
- Vitamin C for collagen production, which prevents formation of wrinkles and acne
- Reduces inflammation in the joints and kneed by aiding in dissolving uric acid
- 16 oz of warm water. You do not want to use hot water, room temperature water is fine to use.
- ½ of a juiced lemon
For an extra boost to the immunity system and aid in cancer prevention you can add a pinch of turmeric.
If you like a sweeter taste, adding local organic raw honey to sweeten your drink. This gives you an extra energy boost, and aids in reduction of allergies.