My latest mission has been to reuse, recycle, up-cycle, and not waste anything. So as I was cleaning out my fridge tonight, I found leftover avocado from 2 days ago. As much as I LOVE avocado, I’m not a fan of eating it unless it is fresh and it’s rare that I have leftovers! So what better way to use up avocado then to do a face mask. This is perfect timing because we have been running the wood stove constantly and my skin is really dry.
Here are some of the benefits of avocados:
- They contain a natural carotenoid called lutein and its antioxidant properties help protect the skin from UV-B induced damage
- Polyphenols help reduce free radicals that cause cell damage
- Vitamin C and E helps improve the skin collagen and prevent premature formation of wrinkles
- The rich source of oleic acid plays a great role in the defense of the skin and is a great moisturizer
- It is a very effective cream for sun burnt or damaged skin.
- The chemical composition in Avocado helps to quickly regenerate and rejuvenate the skin.
- For individuals with blemished skin, aged skin or sun damaged skin, the sterolins found in avocado helps heal and hydrate the skin.
- It also contains proteins, fatty acids, Omega 3 and folic acid. It has the treasures of Vitamin A, B, C and Vitamin E to help the skin look vibrant.
How I applied:
I mixed 1/2 of a mashed up avocado with 2 table spoons of olive oil, and a teaspoon of Vitamin E, with 2 drops of Roman Chamomile, 2 drop of Myrrh, and 1 drop of Geranium Essential Oils. I massaged the mixture to my face and neck, and let it set for about 10 minutes. I then washed my face with warm water and applied my Chaga oil mixture (which I will post another time). My skin feels delicious, soft, and hydrated.
So the next time your mom tells you not to play with your food, be a rebel and play away!!!!