This past weekend I attended a Shamanic weekend workshop. It was a powerful and life changing experience. We journeyed, we sang, we dance, we opened our hearts to perfect strangers, and we healed. I am still processing the whole experience and plan to write or do a vlog about it soon.
We were asked to bring snacks to share with everyone. It was recommended to bring something gluten free, nut free, dairy free, and vegans due to the dietary needs within the group. A few months ago I saw on a website, a recipe for brownies made with black beans, but I didn’t write it down. So I thought I would wing it and hope for the best! So here is what you need to make these spirit nourishing morsels….
2 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
1 can canned pumpkin puree
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 vanilla bean scrapped or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup, room temperature
1 cup old fashioned gluten free oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag of Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 9.5×13.5 inch non-stick square baking pan.
- Combine everything in the food processor except chocolate chips. Process until very smooth. Stir in chocolate chips 3/4 of the bag, then the last 1/4 of the bag sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and top with more chocolate chips.
Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- They are best when stored in the fridge.
They came out AMAZING!!!! So fudgy and dense. Not only are they out of this world delicious, but they are healthy for you too. These brownies a packed full of protein, fiber, magnesium, and iron.